Ruminations

Impossible Shoes, difficult timing

From the May 14 2020 Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust Board announcement:

“Professor John Kay has decided not to stand for re-election at this year’s AGM and will retire from the Board in June after twelve years’ service as a Director. John’s career has spanned academic work, think tanks, business schools and consultancies. Scottish Mortgage has been extremely fortunate to have had the benefit of his input over the past twelve years. He joined the Board just before the start of the Global Financial Crisis and served the Company through the subsequent fall out, as he has done over the course of the current Global crisis and all the intervening years. His great intellect and wit are known and appreciated by many, through his writing as well as his presence at Scottish Mortgage events. I know I speak for all of my colleagues when I say it has been a real privilege to sit alongside John, to benefit from his great expertise always delivered with a quiet, unassuming style that never fails to hit the mark. He will be sorely missed and we wish him well in all future endeavours.
“I am delighted to announce the appointment of a new Non-Executive Director, Professor Amar Bhidé