Use the search box to look for specific award winners, or navigate through award categories to read about all Tufts University 2021 award winners.
Academic Awards 2021 Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering
On behalf of the Tufts faculty, staff, and administration, the Academic Awards Committee is delighted to honor the students who have been selected as this year’s Academic Award winners from among the hundreds of outstanding nominees. We are grateful to the faculty and staff who took time to write such detailed letters of nomination for so many talented and inspiring students. The prizes recognize intellectual curiosity, acumen in scientific research, artistic courage, athletic prowess, excellence in leadership, and phenomenal dedication to public service and community engagement.
Most of the prizes were established in honor of beloved Tufts students, professors, alumni, and others with a deep connection to the Tufts community. In honoring their contributions both within and beyond the university, the awards ensure the transmission of their legacy to new generations of students.
To celebrate our awardees, a number of Tufts leaders have recorded videos expressing their congratulations, you can view these by clicking on the images below:
- Tony Monaco, President of Tufts University
- Barbara Wallace Grossman, Co-Chair of the Awards Committee
- Jim Glaser, Dean of Arts & Sciences
- Jianmin Qu, Dean of Engineering
- Jennifer Stephan, Dean of Academic Advising and Undergraduate Studies for Engineering
- Carmen Lowe, Dean of Academic Advising and Undergraduate Studies for Arts & Sciences
2021 Academic Awards Committee
- Barbara Wallace Grossman, Theatre, Dance and Performance Studies (Co-Chair)
- Timothy Atherton, Physics and Astronomy (Co-Chair)
- Andrea Acevedo, Community Health
- Alex Blanchette, Anthropology
- Jeffrey Foster, Computer Science
- Sara Johnson, Child Study & Human Development
- Melissa McInerney, Economics
- Riccardo Strobino, Classics
- Diren Pamuk Turner, Chemistry
- Brian Timko, Biomedical Engineering
- Nathan Wolff, English
The Awards Committee wishes to thank Joanne Ferguson for her immeasurable help in supporting the committee’s work; Margaret Brosnan for writing, editing, and developing website content; Jennifer Burton for advising on video production; Alonso Nichols and Momo Shinzawa of Tufts Photography and Matthew Healey for additional images.