Skip to content
- Hirvonen, K., Y. Bai, D. Headey and W.A. Masters (2019), Affordability of the EAT–Lancet reference diet: a global analysis. Lancet Global Health, 7 Nov. 2019. [media, tv, webinar, cover]
- Dizon, F., A. Herforth and Z. Wang (2019), The cost of a nutritious diet in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Global Food Security 21(June): 38-51. [funded by SAFANSI, gated but preprint here]
- Masters, W.A., Y. Bai, A. Herforth, D. Sarpong, F. Mishili, J. Kinabo, and J.C. Coates (2018), Measuring the Affordability of Nutritious Diets in Africa: Price Indexes for Diet Diversity and the Cost of Nutrient Adequacy. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 100(5, October): 1285-1301. [replication file]
- Alemu, R., Y. Bai, S.A. Block, D. Headey and W.A. Masters (2019), Cost and affordability of nutritious diets at retail prices: Evidence from 744 foods in 159 countries. Working Paper, 10 Nov. 2019
- Bai, Y., W.A. Masters, F.J. Mishili and D.B. Sarpong (2019), Impacts of Agricultural and Trade Policy on the Cost of Nutritious Diets in Ghana and Tanzania. AERC Framework Paper for the project on Agricultural and Food Policy Analysis for Nutrition Outcomes (AFPON).
- Mahrt, K., D.L. Mather, A. Herforth, and D. Headey (2019). Household dietary patterns and the cost of a nutritious diet in Myanmar. Discussion Paper 1854. Washington, DC: IFPRI.
- Masters, W.A. (2018), Bibliography of least-cost diet research. Boston, MA: Tufts University (5 pages, 23 August 2018).
Comparison of methods
- Abstracts selected for ASN, June 2019:
- Bai, Y. and W.A. Masters, “Heterogeneity in the Cost of Nutrient Adequacy by Age, Sex, Pregnancy or Lactation Status and Other Influences on Individual Requirements in Malawi.” Current Developments in Nutrition, 3 (Supplement 1): nzz034.OR21-04-19.
- Schneider, K. and W.A. Masters, “Nutrient Adequacy at the Household Level and the Cost of Nutritious Diets in Malawi.” Current Developments in Nutrition, 3 (Supplement 1): nzz034.P10-055-19.
- Herforth, A., W.A. Masters, Y. Bai and D. Sarpong, “The Cost of Recommended Diets: Development and Application a Food Price Index Based on Food-Based Dietary Guidelines.” Current Developments in Nutrition, 3 (Supplement 1): nzz034.P10-033-19.
- Abstracts selected for ASN, June 2018: