In partnership with Tisch College of Civic Life, the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, the Derby Entrepreneurship Center will be hosting a 48h ideathon from February 19, 5pm to February 21, 5pm in 2021.
The purpose of this experimental event is to inspire the broader Tufts community to meet and mingle with people they don’t normally work with and brainstorm to solve big problems with social impact via innovation and entrepreneurship. There is no coding involved – all are welcome.
The event will be open to students, alumni and others in the Tufts community. We will be using Zoom to facilitate networking and mingling.
We will kickoff the event with a preview of coming attractions for the 48h of problem solving. Then we will introduce our domain experts who will present problem statements in the following areas:
- Environmental Sustainability and Climate Justice
- Equitable access to Basic needs: Food, Healthcare, Housing & more
- Fostering civil discourse: Enabling dialog through education, media and more
We will then host facilitated networking and pitch-to-match sessions to help you form teams.
Teams will choose a problem to solve, and develop an idea for a solution that addresses this problem through innovation and entrepreneurship. Teams will present their ideas to their peers and to judges on the second day.
Ideathon 2021 winners
Congratulations to the winners of the first-ever Tufts Virtual Social Impact Entrepreneurship Ideathon!
- First Place: First2College, a group helping first-generation, low-income students navigate the college application process.
- Second Place: Berry, a group providing peer support and access to mental health resources for BIPOC college students.
- Third Place: CoffeeWrap, an idea to convert coffee grounds into paper packaging, reducing food waste in communities near and far.
- Audience Favorite: Intra-National Exchange, a concept bridging the suburban, urban and rural divides with summer exchange programs for high school students.
Read more about the event here.