GailBot – Summer 2023
Interested in how people communicate? The Human Interaction Laboratory at Tufts University is seeking undergraduate volunteers to help us develop software for automating aspects of Conversation Analysis. The project involves developing a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for an existing software. Selected applicants can expect to gain experience in software development techniques, testing frameworks, and GUI design.
Requirements for applicants:
- Commit to at least 10-15 hours of work per week.
- Be efficient communicators over zoom, slack, and email.
- Have previous programming experience in python.
- Ideal applicants will have taken CS-11, CS-15, and CS-40, and understand Object-Oriented Programming.
- Passionate about developing research software tools.
Additionally, applicants may be able to register for course credit depending on their program. Note that this is an unpaid volunteer position.
To apply, please email your transcript, resume, cover letter, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the GailBot project here