The Visitor Studies Association (VSA) is looking ahead to its July 2016 conference in Boston and sending a special invitation to area Museum Studies students to get involved in the association. Marta Byer of the VSA (and the Museum of Science, Boston) says “We’d love to meet your students and show them how VSA can help them as a professional resource in the informal learning field even before the conference comes to town.”
Join the Visitor Studies Association!
What is VSA?
The Visitor Studies Association (VSA) is a membership organization dedicated to understanding
and enhancing learning experiences in informal settings through research, evaluation, and
VSA offers an array of services designed to foster evidence-based practice, including an annual
conference, professional development workshops, and the peer-reviewed journal Visitor
Studies. Through these and other activities, VSA helps researchers, practitioners, policy-
makers, organizational leaders, and funders advance the field of informal learning.
How can VSA help Museum Studies students?
By participating in VSA, you can
– Learn and share information about improving informal learning experiences
– Connect with others in the field
– Gain access to visitor studies resources
– Become aware of professional development opportunities
How can you get involved?
There are many opportunities for members and non-members alike to get involved!
Check our website for all the details: http://www.visitorstudies.org
Some examples of involvement:
– Join the association as a student for only $30 a year
– Attend the annual conference
o July 14-18, 2015 in Indianapolis
o July 2016 in Boston
– Propose a conference session, panel, poster, or workshop
o Deadline for 2015 conference sessions: December 8, 2014
o Find more info at http://visitorstudies.org/conference-overview
– Share your e-mail to sign up for a quarterly e-newsletter
– Subscribe to the VSA listserv and join in the conversation
– Read Visitor Studies or submit an article
– Follow us on Twitter @Visitor_Studies and on Facebook
How can you learn more?
Feel free to contact Marta Beyer, VSA Ambassador, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org