The ExCollege offers more than 40 courses each semester, most of which occur when our office is not open. This makes regular communication with our instructors very important. Below are several ways in which information is shared between the office and the instructors.
Because most of you will be teaching after 5:00pm (the Ex College office is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm) we have established a drop-off/pick-up place that is available in the evening. It is in the Tisch Library at the Circulation Desk. Simply tell the staff at the Circulation Desk that you are leaving something for or picking something up from the ExCollege box. Please note, however, that we do not check this box on a regular basis, so you should inform us if you leave something there.
ExCollege instructors who are not otherwise members of the Tufts community will be assigned a Tufts email account. Instructors are expected to either monitor this account or to forward messages to an account which they do check regularly (instructions for forwarding are provided).
Follow the instructions below to set up your Tufts email address
- Find your UTLN, or Tufts username. Typically, this is your first initial, followed by the first 5 letters of your last name and two digits. If you don’t know your UTLN, please contact the ExCollege. You can also call the Technology Help Desk at 617-627-3376.
- Go to https://it.tufts.edu/password
- Select “Change my Tufts Password”
- Select “I don’t know my current Tufts Password”
- Enter your name and UTLN. Check the box that says, “I’m not a robot.”
- Once you have reset your password, got to this link: https://it.tufts.edu/email, which has some basic information about your Tufts email account.
- Click on “Outlook Web App (OWA),” which takes you to http://exchange.tufts.edu/
- Enter your UTLN and the password you just created.
Faculty Contact info
The ExCollege office will develop a directory of instructors’ contact information for our use throughout the semester. If students ask us for contact information, we will provide them with the instructor’s Tufts email account. If a student is unable to reach an instructor via their Tufts email address, we will, unless otherwise informed, provide the personal or professional email address submitted on the instructor’s application. If you would like to restrict this information, please let us know. However, we do expect that instructors will have a means of responsive communication with their students.