We are always looking for talented, dedicated and motivated individuals to join our team. If you are an undergraduate researcher, please send Professor Mallidi an email. If you are interested in graduate school in the BME department at Tufts, please refer to the BME graduate program page. If you are interested in post-doctoral opportunities in the lab, please contact Professor Mallidi directly with a CV, your research interests and references.
Current Openings: We are looking for Postdoctoral fellows
NIH funded postdoctoral research position is available in the Dr. Mallidi’s iBIT Lab on a joint project between labs at Tufts University and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School. The research will focus on the development of ultrasound and photoacoustic systems using single element / array transducers for both pre-clinical and clinical applications in cancer research. This position is available to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
- Applicants should hold, or be about to hold a PhD or a MD/PhD with Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Physics, or Computer Engineering background.
- Experience in instrumentation, in particular, data acquisition, motor control and signal processing are the key requirements for this position.
- Applicants who have experience in programming in C or Matlab are preferred.
- Knowledge of optics, ultrasound, photoacoustics and design of medical devices is required
- Experience with cell culture, animal handling and tumor models is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Applicants will be expected to work independently and as part of an integrative team.
How to apply: Please send the following documents as a single pdf to Prof. Mallidi with the subject line “Postdoctoral candidate – YOUR NAME”
1. Your CV
2. Electronic copy of your publications
3. A cover letter with description of why you feel you are suitable for this position
4. Contact information of three references and Visa Status