The goal for Spring 2014 will be to produce a prototype digital edition dissemination of Book 1 (or subset of chapters from Book 1) across all 3 editions, Latin, French and English.
Students will work on the following tasks in Perseids:
- continued cleanup of the Latin and French OCR output
- annotation of Latin-English alignment chunks at the section level
- identification and markup of chapter sections in the French
- annotation of sources and named entities
- commentary annotations
Target date for students to begin working in Perseids is February 6. We will schedule a training session with the students for a day that week, TBD.
Preparatory work required by Perseids Developers by February 2:
- clean-up vertical line break marks in the English text
- turn section milestones to divs in English and Latin texts
- setup CITE collections and UI for annotations
- Need a list of the most important sources for Book 1 to allow students to select texts in Perseids for annotations
- If students are going to do name/place entity annotations, need to identify which authorities will be used.
- Design prototype digital edition dissemination
- Decide on approach to XML editing ( oXygen vs Perseids or just Perseids)