NIH funded postdoctoral research position is available in the Dr. Mallidi’s iBIT Lab on a joint project between labs at Tufts University and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School. The research will focus on the development of ultrasound and photoacoustic systems using single element / array transducers for both pre-clinical and clinical applications in cancer research. This position is available to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment.
- Applicants should hold, or be about to hold a PhD or a MD/PhD with Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Physics, or Computer Engineering background.
- Experience in instrumentation, in particular, data acquisition, motor control and signal processing are the key requirements for this position.
- Applicants who have experience in programming in C or Matlab are preferred.
- Knowledge of optics, ultrasound, photoacoustics and design of medical devices is required
- Experience with cell culture, animal handling and tumor models is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Applicants will be expected to work independently and as part of an integrative team.
How to apply: Please send the following documents as a single pdf to Prof. Mallidi with the subject line “Postdoctoral candidate – YOUR NAME”
1. Your CV
2. Electronic copy of your publications
3. A cover letter with description of why you feel you are suitable for this position
4. Contact information of three references and Visa Status