Historical Interpreter – The Old Manse
The Trustees of Reservations is looking for knowledgeable dedicated people to interact with visitors at The Old Manse in Concord. Volunteers will lead dynamic house tours, help visitors pick out books and merchandise and explain the benefits of becoming a member of the Trustees.
You will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff at one of our most exciting historic properties. You will also have the freedom to develop innovative programs and even conduct research in an area of particular interest to you. This experience can be tailored to your passions.
The Old Manse is located at: 269 Monument St., Concord, MA 01742
- Educate visitors and school groups through dynamic and individualized tours of the Old Manse house and attic.
- Engage visitors and promote sales at the specialty bookstore
- Process ticket sale transactions
- Promote and process Trustees memberships
Flexible, time commitment to be negotiated
- Knowledge of and passion for American history, literature and/or philosophy
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Experience in education or interpretation and/or an undergraduate degree in American studies, English, history or literature, preferred but not required
Please apply on The Trustees website at volunteer.thetrustees.org or email Tom Beardsley at email@example.com
March 07, 2016