K&L Gates, SovereigNET, The Fletcher School’s Network for Sovereign Wealth and Global Capital, and the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds were pleased to host our fourth symposium on global infrastructure in October 2016.
The central theme of the symposium was “Bridging the Public-Private Divide through Pooled Investment Platforms.” The discussion focused on the design of innovative financing platforms to narrow the global infrastructure investment gap. Check out the conference agenda.
Gathering representatives from the World Bank and the institutional investor community together with policy makers, development banks, service providers, academics, and public sector partners, the symposium explored the role of investment fund structures – sovereign, multilateral and private – in mobilizing capital in scale to finance critical infrastructure needs in both developed and emerging economies. The symposium was organized into four discussion panels and several interactive lunch breakouts. All sessions featured speakers who are actively involved in sponsoring, funding, managing, and governing global infrastructure and strategic investment funds.
- Eric Freedman, Partner, K&L Gates
- Tom F. Holt Jr., Partner, K&L Gates, & Co-Head, SovereigNet
- Eliot Kalter, President, EM Strategies, Inc., & Co-Head, SovereigNet
- Peter Mixon, Partner, K&L Gates, & former General Counsel, CalPERS
- Margaret Niles, Partner, K&L Gates
- Charles Purcell, Partner, K&L Gates
- Patrick Schena, Adjunct Professor of International Business Relations, The Fletcher School, & Co-Head, SovereigNet
Speakers & Panelists
- Joseph Aiello, CEO, Meridium Infrastructure
- David Altshuler, Partner, StepStone Infrastructure and Real Assets Group
- Neil Brown, Partner, Head: Investor Development Group, Actis
- Max Castelli, Managing Director – Head of Strategy, Global Sovereign Markets, UBS Global Asset Management
- Leo De Bever, Chairman, Oak Point Energy
- Gloria Grandolini, Senior Director, Finance and Markets Global Practice, World Bank Group
- Håvard Halland, Senior Economist, Finance & Markets Global Practice, Investment Funds Group, World Bank
- Witold Henisz, Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management, The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania
- Amadou Hott, CEO at Fonds Souverain d’Investissements Stratégiques “FONSIS”, Government of Senegal
- Michel Noël, Head of Investment Funds, Finance and Markets Global Practice, Equitable Finance and Institutions Vice-Presidency, World Bank
- Russell Read, Chief Investment Officer, Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
- Jolanta Wysocka, CEO, Mountain Pacific Group