Adjunct Assistant Professor of International Business, The Fletcher School
Patrick Schena is Adjunct Assistant Professor of International Business Relations at the Fletcher School, Tufts University, where he is also Senior Fellow of the Council on Emerging Market Enterprises and Co-Head of SovereigNet, The Fletcher Network for Sovereign Wealth and Global Capital. In addition, he is an Associate-in-Research at the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University. Dr. Schena has 30 years experience in finance, operations, and technology management focused on investment management. He was formerly a Principal, leading delivery of the Investment Management Services practice at a Genpact-Headstrong Corp., a global provider of outsourcing services. He has participated in and cofounded two companies providing technology and operations services to investment managers. He holds a PhD in from the Fletcher School, Tufts University and additional graduate degrees from The Fletcher School, and Boston College.
- “Navigating Market Shoals in Turbulent Geopolitical Waters: Sovereign Direct Investments in 2016-17” in 2017 IE Sovereign Wealth Labs Annual Report
- Sovereign Wealth Fund Investment in Economic Transformation: Toward an Institutional Framework
- Harnessing Oil Wealth in Guyana via a Sovereign Wealth Fund: Look Before You Leap
- “‘Keep calm and…Carry on’: Sovereign direct investments in 2015-16” in the 2016 Instituto de Impresa Annual Report
- Capitalizing Economic Development Through Sovereign Investment: A “Paradox of Scarcity”
- Saudi Arabia’s Diversification Drive: Riyadh Takes Uber Stake as Sovereign Fund Moves Ahead