Director, Sovereign Wealth Lab, IE Business School
Javier Capapé, PhD is the Director of the Sovereign Wealth Lab by IE Business School. He earned his PhD from ESADE Business School and the University of Illinois. He is Consultant at the United Nations Environment Program on Sovereign Wealth Funds and Sustainable Development Goals.
Since 2012, he is SovereigNET Research Affiliate at The Fletcher School (Tufts University) and Co-Editor of the Sovereign Wealth Funds Reports series, an initiative backed by KPMG and ICEX. He has published in top academic journals such as Academy of Management Perspectives and Oxford University Press. His research has been regularly cited in international media and has presented his work at conferences around the world.
He was previously Manager of the Start Up Spain initiative which promoted the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Spain for 6 years. Also, he works connecting Sovereign Wealth Funds with tech-based startups, real estate projects (mainly hotels), and fund managers.
- “Firms’ reaction to changes in the governance preferences of active institutional owners”, September 2019
- Editor: “Sovereign Wealth Funds 2018”
- Co-Editor: 2017 IE Sovereign Wealth Labs Annual Report
- “Sovereign Wealth Funds: Sustainable and Active Investors? The Case of Norway” in 2017 IE Sovereign Wealth Labs Annual Report
- Policy Brief: Financing the SDGs: the Role of Sovereign Wealth Funds for Green Investment
- “Sovereign wealth funds check-in: Investment strategies in the hotel sector” in the 2016 Institute de Impresa Sovereign Wealth Fund Report
- “The kings of the king of sports: Sovereign wealth funds and football” in the 2015 ESADEgeo Sovereign Wealth Funds Report
- “Equity investments of Norway’s GPFG: A European sovereign wealth fund for Europe” in the 2014 ESADEgeo Sovereign Wealth Funds Report
- More Layers than an Onion – Looking for a Definition of Sovereign Wealth Funds