Research Assistant, ESADE Center for Global Economy and Geopolitics (ESADEgeo)
Tomás Guerrero is Research Assistant at ESADE Center for Global Economy and Geopolitics (ESADEgeo), Head of Madrid Office at Spain Halal Institute, WIEF Young Leader and PhD candidate at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid under supervision of Carlos Santiago-Caballero and Javier Santiso. His main lines of research are Frontier Markets, Sovereign Wealth Funds and Halal Industr.
Tomás has contributed to the development of the first four editions of the first SWFs report in Spanish and has published several articles and working papers around the world as well as published opinion pieces in prominent publications. He has been the first Spanish speaker in the World Islamic Economic Forum and appointed trainer for the WIEF Young Fellows Programme by the same institution.
Prior to joining ESADEgeo, he worked in the General Technical Secretary of Spain’s Ministry of Home Affairs and the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid as a research assistant in the departments of Labour Law and Economic History. He graduated from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with a BA in Economics and BA in Law, studying one of his years at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Milan), and holds a MSc in Economic Development and Growth from the same university.
- “China: Less Growth, More Sovereign Wealth Funds” in 2017 IE Sovereign Wealth Labs Sovereign Wealth Fund Report
- “Luxury and trophy assets: Losing its shine for the sovereign wealth funds” in the 2016 Institute de Impresa Sovereign Wealth Fund Report
- “Sovereign wealth funds from Muslim countries: Driving the Halal industry and Islamic finance” in the 2015 ESADEgeo Sovereign Wealth Funds Report
- “Equity investments of Norway’s GPFG: A European sovereign wealth fund for Europe” in the 2014 ESADEgeo Sovereign Wealth Funds Report
- More Layers than an Onion – Looking for a Definition of Sovereign Wealth Fund