- First and foremost, we are a community of scientists and engineers that value respect, mutual support, and innovation that stems from diversity.
- We are committed to fostering an inclusive community for lab members that embraces diversity in disability, ethnicity, experiences, family makeup, gender-identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
- We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We actively learn how to improve our lab and scientific environment. We aim to support those facing discrimination and to increase inclusivity.
- We actively work towards these common values through open conversation, learning, mentorship, and group discussion of barriers to diversity, equality, and inclusivity in science.
Science & Training
- We aim for bold science and creative solutions that improve human health. There is a risk to taking innovative approaches to problem solving and we support the risks and vulnerabilities in these endeavors.
- Our research utilizes multiple approaches including quantitative cell biology, imaging, and computational modeling. A primary mission in the lab is to offer interdisciplinary training to our lab members.
- We are committed to training scientists for the skills required in the lab and in their larger community: communication (written, oral, and visual), mentoring, leadership. independence, and scientific knowledge and creativity.
- Our projects are made possible by the diversity of our team. Recognition (project leadership and authorship) is based on contribution rather than seniority, position, or experience.
- RT @ProfTanya13: Every minute, 3 people die from TB, a disease we can prevent & cure. But many are fighting for change. On #WorldTBDay we h… 12:11:01 PM March 24, 2021 from Twitter Web App
- RT @con_meehan: Remember when the genus #Mycobacterium got split into 5 genera and everyone said 'seriously?'? Of course you do! Well new p… 09:56:02 PM March 11, 2021 from Twitter for iPhone
- @gramnegativity Looking forward to tomorrow. You’ll be great! 09:58:33 PM March 03, 2021 from Twitter for iPhone in reply to gramnegativity
- @javid_lab Very cool, Babak! Looking forward to a more in-depth read. 01:46:01 PM March 03, 2021 from Twitter Web App in reply to javid_lab