Professor of Urban & Environmental Policy & Planning, Tufts University
Selected Publications in Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment and Regulation of Bioengineered Food Products, International Journal of Biotechnology. 2(1/2/3):231-238 (2000).
- Risk Assessment of Genetically Engineered Microorganisms: From Genetic Reductionism to Ecological Modeling, Prepared for the International Society for the History and Philosophy of the Biological Sciences, Leuven, Belgium, July 20, 1995. In: Coping with Deliberate Release: The Limits of Risk Assessment Ad van Dommelon, ed. Tilberg/Buenos Aires: International Center for Human & Public Affairs, 1996.
- A Role for Standardized Microcosms in the Risk Assessment of Genetically Engineered Microorganisms, BioScience 45(9):590-599 (October, 1995). (with
- Evaluating Risk Communication: Narrative versus Technical Presentations of Information about Radon (with D. Golding and A. Plough). Risk Analysis 12(1):27-35 (1992).
- Social Theories of Risk. (with D. Golding, ed.) Westport, CT: Praeger, 1992.
- Factoring Risk Into Environmental Decision Making (with D. Golding) In: Environmental Decision Making: A Multidisciplinary Perspective. R. Chechile and S. Carlisle, eds. NY: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991.
- Controlling Risk in Biotech (with K. Bergmann, N. Conell, S. Schulman, & N. Wilker), Technology Review 92(5):62-70 (July 1989).
- Science, Biopolitics and Risk: Margins of Uncertainty Politics and the Life Sciences 7:140-142 (February 1989).
- Environmental Hazards: Communicating Risks as a Social Process, Auburn House Pub. Co., 1988 (w. A. Plough).
- The Emergence of Risk Communication Studies: Social and Political Context (with A. Plough). Science, Technology & Human Values 12(3&4):4-10 (Summer-Fall 1987).
- Review: Read the Label: Reducing the Risk by Providing Information by Susan Hadden, In Science, Technology and Human Values 12(2):65-66 (Spring 1987).
- Social Risk Assessment and Group Process. Group Decision Making: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. W.C. Swap, ed. Sage Pub.,1984.