Tim Atherton gave a presentation “Multistable alignment of nematic liquid crystals on patterned surfaces” about his work on using surfaces to control the self-assembly and alignment of liquid crystals for potential display applications.
Other presentations concerned our new collaboration with Cristian Staii‘s biophysics group: undergraduate researcher Sawyer Bernath, co-mentored by Atherton and Staii, gave a poster “Simulating Growth Dynamics of Neurons on Substrates” while postdoctoral scholar James White gave a talk “A Quantitative Analysis of Axonal Growth and Connectivity in Cortical Neurons”.
Recent Blog Posts
- New publication: “Competition of lattice and basis for alignment of nematic liquid crystals”
- Gordon Conference on Liquid Crystals 2015
- Foundations of Nonlinear Optics Conference 2015
- New publication: “The role of curvature anisotropy in the ordering of spheres on an ellipsoid”
- Ian Hunter Starts Summer Scholars
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at email@example.com