We’re delighted to welcome today Prof. Pete Vukusic (here pictured next to one of Tufts quirkier pieces of history, the anti-gravity stone) from the University of Exeter, UK to give a talk “All things bright and beautiful: photonics in biological systems” in our continuing Condensed Matter Physics Seminar Series. Pete is one of the most well-known researchers in the field of biological photonics, which studies the origin of structural color in butterflies, beetles, bird feathers etc. He’s an outstanding example of a scientist who shares his work with the general public, having been featured for example on BBC Radio.
Recent Blog Posts
- Our Australia Residency is featured in the Tufts A&S News!
- Collaborative Paper “Neuronal growth as diffusion in an effective potential” now published
- SoftMatterTheory at New.Mech 2013
- Tim Atherton gives Colloquium at Kent State University
- Kate Voorhes presents at the Tufts Summer Scholars Poster Session
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at email@example.com