- Snack on fresh fruit – it’s healthier AND it’s compostable.
- Carry a small tupperware to put food to compost later.
- Bring your lunch and use the container to get takeout for dinner.
- Get your drinks without a straw.
- Avoid individually wrapped tea or drink loose leaf tea.
- Always bring a reusable mug or water bottle.
- Save 20 cents at Mugar Cafe, Tower Cafe, Brown & Brew, Hodgdon Good-to-Go & Commons Deli if you bring your own mug.
- The Tufts “Choose to Reuse” clear water bottle will get you a discount on any fountain beverage at Mugar Cafe, Hodgdon Good-to-Go, Commons Deli, and Tower Cafe. Water and sparkling water will also be discounted at Hotung Cafe.
A few things to remember:
- Aluminum foil and yogurt cups are recyclable.
- All napkins are compostable.
- Any rigid plastic can be recycled – including coffee stirrers. (It doesn’t have to fit through the openings of the recycling bin, by the way – just lift the cover.)
- Energy bar wrappers and chip bags are recyclable. Tufts has Terracycle brigades on campus.
For more information on recycling and composting at Tufts, visit the TuftsRecycles! website.
Good luck and have fun!