The Charles River Conservancy works to make the Charles River Parklands more active, attractive, and accessible for all. It organizes volunteers to beautify and rejuvenate the Parklands; advocates for advancements to healthy living, public access, and physical parkland improvements; and builds awareness about the Charles River.
The Charles River Conservancy, which was founded in 2000, is a strong advocate for continued improvement and activities on the Charles’ urban parklands from the Boston Harbor to the Watertown Dam. Its major initiatives and projects currently include engaging cadres of Conservancy Volunteers, building a world-class skate park, creating the conditions necessary to enable public swimming in the river, advocating for uninterrupted biking and walking routes along the river, and educating the public about opportunities to insure that the parklands achieve their full potential. For more information about the Charles River Conservancy, visit our website.
The Operations and Development Assistant is a full-time position (35 hours per week) with the responsibilities listed below. This position reports to the Conservancy’s President.
· Process incoming donations, update donor database, and prepare acknowledgment letters. Work with bookkeeper to prepare financial reports regarding donations.
· Assist with appeal mailings and grant proposals.
· Staff the Development and Finance Committees and prepare reports for their meetings.
· Prepare packages for Board of Director meetings.
· Oversee database training and updates.
· Purchase office supplies.
· Assist in the recruiting and training of interns.
· Conduct research for various projects.
· Assist with organizing fundraising events.
· Bachelor’s degree and several years of work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
· Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Must be highly organized, and self-motivated
· Solid writing skills
· Good interpersonal skills and flexibility to pitch-in in a small office environment
· Proficiency in Mac MS Office Word and Excel
· Experience with database software a plus
Salary dependent on experience. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Operations and Development Assistant’ and your first and last name in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, preferred ASAP.