This position supports the Assistant Director for External Communications and Sustainability Initiatives in implementing and managing sustainable transportation programs as well as communications and marketing projects. The ideal candidate will have experience with sustainability, Transportation Demand Management and the implementation of marketing and social media strategies to encourage commuter behavior change, to include metrics and reporting both internally and externally.
This position is the lead project manager for several different customer facing initiatives and must be able to demonstrate initiative, strong decision making abilities and impeccable customer service. The position supports the University’s goal of reducing the number of employees, students and visitors driving alone to campus, reducing traffic congestion and parking demand while improving the quality of the campus environment. This position will focus on increasing the use of sustainable transportation on campus through efficient and effective programs, marketing and customer service.
GDAE is the Global Development and Environment Institute at Tufts University.
The Communications Assistant will work with GDAE’s Outreach Coordinator to help maintain and expand our outreach efforts. Job duties will include: design flyers and outreach materials, assist with event planning, track media mentions, maintain database of email subscribers in MailChimp, help prepare a weekly GDAE News email in MailChimp, and other projects as assigned.
An ideal candidate is an undergraduate student with work-study funding. This is a flexible 6-10 hrs/week position. Pay will be $10-12/hour depending on experience.
The Sustainability Communications Coordinator will serve in the leadership role for communications and associated outreach activities for Appalachian’s Office of Sustainability. Position promotes Sustainability on our campus through communication of and participation in various programs that connect to our Faculty, Staff, Students, Outside Partners and the Community. Duties include serving as communications lead, program/project manager, providing consultation, counseling, performing program/project administration, conducting information research and analysis, and marketing Sustainability programs; and supervising student workers as needed.
This position is based at the NC State University Sustainability Office in Raleigh, NC. The University Sustainability Office’s mission is to equip the NC State community for a leaner, smarter, stronger future. Our vision is to build a culture that creates leaders and sustainable solutions for global challenges.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to:
- Build strong connections across campus
- Promote environmental education through service learning
- Create concrete ways sustainability programs can connect with underserved populations
- Help define and articulate the interconnectedness of sustainability and diversity on campus
- Infuse cultural competence into sustainability programs
- Create network and programs that can be carried forward
- Determine a focus for NC State’s sustainability and diversity focus
- Use environmental education as a connector for the local solutions that support all people
- Provide environmental educational training and resources to diverse audiences on campus
Position responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- Outreach: workshops, presentations
- Planning: events, service projects
- Build relationships: connect departments, student groups, community groups
- Set the direction, identify priorities
- Be a catalyst to join movements
- Program development: create presentations tailored to specific audiences
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in sustainability and/or environmental education
- Organizational skills
- Interest in learning about and working with diverse populations
- Planning skills
Essential Functions/physical demands
The member will primarily work in an office space.
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5pm (but flexible)
Some after hours (only when necessary)