The EcoChallenge is an opportunity to change your life for good. For two weeks, October 1-15, we challenge you to change one habit for Earth. You choose your challenge, we connect you with other EcoChallengers, and collectively we prove that small actions create real change.
Participating is simple:
1. Choose your EcoChallenge category and actions (October 1-15): water, energy, food, transportation, trash or choose-your-own. Looking for inspiration? We’ve got suggestions and success stories in each category to get you started.
2. Register for the EcoChallenge.
3. Decide whether you’re going to take on the Challenge individually or as part of a team
- To start your own team, select “start a team,” and we’ll help you invite friends and coworkers to join.
- To join an existing team, select “join a team”.
- To participate individually and raise pledges to support NWEI’s sustainability eduction programs, select “participate as an EcoChallenge Fundraiser,” and set your fundraising goal. Remember: everyone who raises at least $50 is entered into the EcoChallenge raffle!
- To participate individually without raising pledges, select “join a team” and join the “NWEI Community Team”.
4. Create your EcoChallenge profile page. You can start your page during the registration process and Log In at any time to add or edit.
5. Share your challenge with friends and family—and while you’re at it, invite them to take the EcoChallenge, too!
6. On October 1st, start working toward your challenge goals and Check In on the website daily to log your progress. Connect with other EcoChallengers online and share your progress on your personal EcoChallenge blog.
Whether the EcoChallenge is your first step toward a lower impact lifestyle, or you’ve been around the environmental block many times, we invite you to Challenge yourself this October 1 – 15. Register today, and join a growing community of people who are taking action on behalf of the planet!