Posts by Category
What are people talking about?agriculture Boston Business california cambridge campus sustainability Career climate climate change communications community conference conservation contest Coordinator development Eco-Reps education energy environment event fellowship food gis graduate intern internship job marketing massachusetts New York Outreach policy professor recycling research summer sustainability transportation Tufts university Waste water webinar work
Tag Archives: Europe
September 6, 2013 – 10:03 am
The newly formed Human-Environment Systems (HES) group at ETH Zürich seeks to hire a PhD student, commencing as soon as possible, for a period of up to three years. Our group is part of the Institute for Environmental Decisions, within the Department for Environmental Systems Science. The student would pursue research within the thematic area of energy, development and security (HES:EDS) in an externally funded research project. Qualifications and skills: We seek a person with some degree of background knowledge on energy systems, gained through study or work experience, who is interested in focusing on social science research questions involving quantitative and qualitative methods, leading to a continuing career in research. Learn more at our website.
February 14, 2013 – 2:18 pm
Application period for this vacancy closes February 22, 2013.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in developing countries). The Project Manager works acts as the primary contact for both the management as field staff of the project partners. The following activities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
- Coordination (both on policy as planning level) of validation and verification of the projects
- Additional development within existing projects (social activities, expansion, new validation standards, etc.)
- Development of monitoring and baseline methodologies
- Development of carbon models of the projects
- Managing project budgets
- Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
- Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
- Finalized education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc)
- Multiple years of experience in international carbon or forestry projects
- Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest biomass
- Experience in working on organizing and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at village/community level in developing countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills
For additional information and to apply, please click here.