A motivated individual is needed to help organize the City’s 6th annual Harvest Your Energy Festival. This year’s festival is scheduled for Saturday, October 3, 2015. The Energy Festival Coordinator will work with the Office’s Director to contact exhibitors, organize volunteers, maintain financial records and perform the tasks necessary to coordinate the festival. The coordinator works out of Medford’s Office of Energy & Environment and will help with general office tasks including fielding resident requests, as needed. This position is unpaid.
|Application Deadline: N/A
Interested students should send a cover letter and resume to Alicia Hunt, Director of Energy and Environment, City of Medford at ahunt[at]medford.org.
This position is based at the NC State University Sustainability Office in Raleigh, NC. The University Sustainability Office’s mission is to equip the NC State community for a leaner, smarter, stronger future. Our vision is to build a culture that creates leaders and sustainable solutions for global challenges.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to:
- Build strong connections across campus
- Promote environmental education through service learning
- Create concrete ways sustainability programs can connect with underserved populations
- Help define and articulate the interconnectedness of sustainability and diversity on campus
- Infuse cultural competence into sustainability programs
- Create network and programs that can be carried forward
- Determine a focus for NC State’s sustainability and diversity focus
- Use environmental education as a connector for the local solutions that support all people
- Provide environmental educational training and resources to diverse audiences on campus
Position responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- Outreach: workshops, presentations
- Planning: events, service projects
- Build relationships: connect departments, student groups, community groups
- Set the direction, identify priorities
- Be a catalyst to join movements
- Program development: create presentations tailored to specific audiences
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in sustainability and/or environmental education
- Organizational skills
- Interest in learning about and working with diverse populations
- Planning skills
Essential Functions/physical demands
The member will primarily work in an office space.
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5pm (but flexible)
Some after hours (only when necessary)