National Wildlife Federation is seeking a Southeast Campus Field Coordinator to support climate leadership and sustainability among colleges and universities in the Southeast. Work with campus leaders to reduce greenhouse gas emission, advance sustainability goals, develop green jobs training programs at community colleges, and engage college students in climate and sustainability issues at all levels. This person will be responsible for:
- Building and regional campus climate action networks
- Lead the Greenforce Initiative in the Southeast (currently North Carolina)
- Student Leadership and Advocacy
- Campus Outreach and Site Visits
- Resource and Program Development
- College graduate with demonstrated interest in environment and climate organizing, sustainability and practical solutions to global warming, especially in a campus setting.
- 3 years of related experience. Experience as an intern or professional staffer with college or environmental or social justice organization and experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience training, writing, teaching, and facilitating dialogue as well as event planning and meeting coordination helpful.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with diverse communities.
- Willingness to travel 20-40 nights per year primarily in the Southeast.