Interns will provide support to all aspects of the Beyond Oil Campaign, including its three sub-campaigns: dirty fuels, green transportation, and green fleets & electric vehicles. Past job activities have included conducting research and writing, assisting in outreach efforts, organizing program activities and events, preparing educational materials, providing administrative support, and contributing to program blogs and social media.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to research complex issues
· Ability to gather/synthesize complex information and communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
· Ability to converse comfortably on the phone
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience with grassroots organizing and campaigns is a plus
· Possessing good time management and organizational skills
· Enthusiastic about ending America’s oil addiction!
Compensation/Pay: All Sierra Club internships are unpaid. Participants may be able to gain college credit for their internship.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Spring 2012 Internship Application” in the subject line.