Oakland Planning and Development Corporation (OPDC) recently collaborated with the Oakland community to complete The Oakland 2025 Master Plan: A vision for sustainable living and mobility, through which we engaged over 500 community members and stakeholders. Oakland 2025′s goal is to guide and support Oakland’s continuing growth as the region’s center of innovation and technology and support the quality of life in Oakland four major residential neighborhoods.OPDC seeks the services of a consultant to lead the planning effort to establish EAH in Oakland. The ideal candidate will be familiar with EAH and understand the utility/functionality of incentive programs such as this. Learn more.
Are you passionate about healthy, sustainable, and local? Are you eager to take part in planning and promoting cultural and food-based events the matter? If so, The Williams Agency may be the place for you!
The Williams Agency is an award winning, full-service public relations, marketing, and event planning firm that specializes in branding and promoting sustainable food and cultural events. With a variety of nonprofit and for-profit clients, the Agency works with mission driven projects and issues we are passionate about.
We are excited to announce that we are now recruiting for our spring and summer Internship Programs. Interns will be working directly with staff members in all aspects of marketing and event planning and become involved in sponsorship development, branding, volunteer recruitment, social media, public relations, advertising, and design. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to make a difference while gaining hands on experience with a small, growing, faced paced company. Event planning and marketing skills are ideal for this position. Communications skills and social media skills are also desirable. The position also requires person to own a laptop.
Projects may include:
- Second Annual Circle The City, Boston, MA. This is Boston’s premier open streets event promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Boston Jerkfest, Boston, MA. Boston Jerkfest is a food festival celebrating all things hot, and includes a Jerk cook-off, Chef Demos, and wine, beer and distillery tastings.
- 21st Annual Cambridge Carnival International. Cambridge, MA Cambridge’s largest festival, a colorful and festive celebration that is rooted in African and Caribbean traditions.
- SBN’s Local Craft Brewfest and Hyper-Local Craft Brewfest: Showcases local breweries, wineries, cider, mead, distilleries, and artisan beverages produced in Massachusetts and New England.
- 4th Annual Boston Local Food Festival, Boston, MA Boston’s premier food event promoting the joys and benefits of eating local food.
- Boston Farmers Markets. Marketing Campaign, Boston, MA. This project includes marketing, public relations and branding for all 27 Boston farmers markets. This year’s season includes several campaigns, including a seafood campaign, themed “Celebrate the Fruits of Our Ocean.” with Chef Demos at selected markets.
- Buy Local Trade Show and Seminar, Boston, MA. This event designed for restaurants and institutional buyers interested in trading with local food suppliers and who desire to buy more locally produced products
Event Marketing Internship duties may include:
- Work closely with Agency marketing and production teams
- Attend meetings with senior staff, board members, and volunteers
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and to implement marketing campaigns
- Maintain and update client, sponsorship databases
- Solicit volunteer and coordinate volunteer database
- Implement public relations campaign, including researching and updating media lists, email and faxing press release, PSA’s, and event listings, and conducting follow-ups.
- Develop and manage Constant Contact and similar e-newsletter campaigns for events
- Enhance and maintain client event websites
- Design and manage social network tools for enhancing website and incorporating into marketing campaigns.
- Explore web marketing and email marketing opportunities and techniques for driving traffic to website
- Liaison with printers and other designers for the development and production of communication materials and collateral.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and to implement event marketing campaigns
- Provide logistical support for events including contacting vendors for quotes
- Maintain files and keep up to date
- Respond to general inquiry calls for client projects and The Williams Agency
- Follow and participate in The Williams Agency Sustainable Leadership Program guidelines
- Assist in developing and upholding sustainability program and initiatives
- Event planning interest or experience helpful
- Proficient with office productivity suite software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint); e-mail, and basic web design; ability to use design software helpful (Photoshop, InDesign, Word press, Dreamweaver)
- Social media experience or skills
- Proficient with office productivity suite software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, databases); e-mail, ability to use design software helpful (Photoshop)
- Very organized and detailed-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be organized and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Able to establish and build professional relationships and team player
Hours: Part time/ Full time, Spring Semester, Summer, & Fall Semester
Compensation: Unpaid, college credit available
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, please include “Events Marketing Internship”, desired time frame (spring, summer or both) aalong with your name in Subject Line of email.
The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) Community is gathering on September 15th at the Portland Public Library for our 2012 Annual Meeting, and you’re invited to join us!
What’s on the agenda?
- Panel Discussion on the “Pretty Good House.”
- Tour of Portland Public Library’s high performance systems.
- Walking tours of nearby buildings with sustainable design.
- Remarks from the NESEA Board and Executive Director.
- Reception and networking.
Visit http://www.nesea.org/meetups/ to get signed up.