Educational Technology Services holds online training sessions year-round to help you get up and running with Canvas.
On Demand Training
For instructors who cannot attend a live session, recorded versions of our most popular training topics are available:
- On Demand Training: Canvas Basics
- On Demand Training: Zoom with Canvas
- On Demand Training: Using Canvas Modules
- On Demand Training: Using the Canvas Gradebook
- On Demand Training: Using Canvas Discussions
- On Demand Training: Canvas and OASIS for CSVM Clinical Courses
- On Demand Training: Canvas for TUSM Clerkship Courses
Live Training (in-person and online)
Sessions we offer include:
- Demonstrations: A 30 minute introduction to Canvas with time for Q & A.
- Canvas Basics: A 90 minute training that focuses on creating and delivering course content in Canvas. Attendees are encouraged to bring laptops and follow along with the presentation.
- Canvas Quick Training: A 45-60 minute session focused on completing a single task in Canvas, such as creating your syllabus or building an assignment.
- Open Labs/Virtual Drop-in Help: Drop-in sessions where users can get one-on-one help with Canvas.
- Advanced Workshops: We offer advanced training sessions on special topics at the request of departments and programs.