Before you install ArcGIS for Desktop:
Check our system requirements to make sure your computer has the hardware and software required for the trial.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5 Service Pack 1 or higher).
- If you have ArcGIS version 10.1 or later installed, you do not need to uninstall it before installing version 10.2x or 10.3x; the ArcGIS setup package will detect and upgrade your ArcGIS for Desktop software.
- If you have ArcGIS version 10.0 or earlier installed, please uninstall it using the Uninstall Utility (download below) before installing ArcGIS 10.2x or 10.3x.
Activate you authorization code:
- Visit http://www.esri.com/EducationEdition
- Log in using your Esri Global Account, or create a new account, if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code and click submit.
- Select ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Desktop.
Download installation media:
- Click “Download” button for ArcGIS Desktop
- Run the downloaded ArcGIS_Desktop_10.3exe to extract installation files to your directory
- When prompted, allow ArcGIS to make changes on your computer.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard. Select “Complete” for Select Installation Type.
- When prompted, choose ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced Single Use.
- When prompted, accept the default, I do not wish to authorize any extensions at this time. The extensions will be authorized automatically.
Support for the ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition is available at esri.com/evalhelp.