Every spring, The Data Lab and Tufts Technology Services hosts the annual GIS Expo. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to present their work as part of a university-wide exposition of geospatial research at Tufts.
The 2023 GIS Expo Event
We are excited to announce that the in-person GIS Expo will resume for the first time in 3 years post Covid!
Please Join Us:
Wednesday, May 10th, 2023
Time: 3:30 PM – 5PM
Alumnae Lounge, Aidekman Arts Center
40 Talbot Ave, Medford, Ma
Food and refreshments will be served.
Cash prizes awarded to GIS project winners.
Submit your GIS Project to the GIS Expo
Students, faculty, researchers or staff can submit a GIS poster or GIS web project to the GIS Expo Event. You do not have to be in a GIS class to submit a geospatial project. Everyone is welcome to participate in the GIS Expo.
There are no formal presentations at the GIS Poster Expo. Additionally, you do not need to be in attendance to have your project included in the GIS expo.
To submit your GIS project, you must complete all of the following:
- Sign up to participate in the GIS Expo.
You may sign up before you have completed the GIS project, as long as the project is submitted online by the 5/8 deadline.
- Submit your GIS project via the GIS Project Metadata Form by Monday, May 8th, 2023 by 11:59 PM.
If you already submitted your project in the Metadata Form, you can log in to view/edit your entry or add another project.
- Complete the poster or web based project requirements below by Tuesday, May 9th, 2023 by 9PM.
Poster Submission Requirements:
- Get the poster printed at the Tufts Data Lab in Tisch Library while a Lab Assistant is on duty. Posters must be printed by Tuesday, May 9th by 9PM.
There is no cost for printing for the GIS Expo. Posters should be made at 30x40in (portrait or landscape). If you are on not located on the Medford Campus, Carolyn can help get your poster printed for you.
- Mount your GIS Poster on provided cardboard and leave on the 2023 GIS Poster Expo pile in the Data Lab Classroom.
Web Based GIS Project Submission Requirements:
- If you are submitting a StoryMap or other type of web based project, please make sure that it is shared publicly (with Everyone) in ArcGIS Online so it is accessible.
If you have questions about the submission process, please reach out to DataLabemail@example.com.
The GIS Expo Explorer Application
Use our Expo Explorer Application to interactively view GIS Posters from 2007 to current. This tool allows you to search by Topic, Subtopic, Methodologies, Student Depart, Class, Year, and more!
Contribute your project to the GIS Expo Explorer Application
If you would like your GIS Poster or online project to be displayed on the Tufts GIS website and within the Expo Explorer Application, please fill out the GIS Project Metadata Form: http://go.tufts.edu/GISPosterForm
Past GIS Expo Contestants & Projects
To view a static page of all the GIS poster entries for each year, use the links below:
- 2022 GIS Expo Gallery
- 2020 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2019 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2018 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2017 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2016 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2015 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2014 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2013 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2012 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2011 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2010 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2009 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2008 GIS Poster Expo Gallery
- 2007 GIS Poster Expo Gallery.
Gaia Bonini (right), MCM ’18, receives the Runner Up award at the 2018 GIS Poster Expo for her GIS project on Derailing Conservation in Kenya.