The ESRI ArcGIS Training Catalog is a set of online learning and training resources for ArcGIS users. There are a large variety of training materials including self-passed tutorials, web courses, training seminars, MOOCs, videos, spatialLabs, instructor-led courses and books. These learning resources are designed to help users learn the entire spectrum of the ArcGIS Platform. Learning resources are available for:
- ArcMap 10.x
- ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS for Server
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Apps
- Esri CityEngine
- ArcGIS Business Analyst
- ArcGIS Desktop Extensions
Access the ESRI ArcGIS Training Catalog
Tufts University ArcGIS users can access all of these training materials for free by logging in through our Enterprise Log In.
Sign In Using Your Tufts University Credentials
- Go to https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/
- At the top right of the screen, press Sign In.
- At the bottom of the sign in box, click the link for “Sign in with enterprise account”.
- Enter “tuftsgis” in the text box so the full domain reads tuftsgis.maps.arcgis.com
- Click the option that says: Sign in to Tufts University “using your TUFTS UNIVERSITY account”
- Use your Tufts UTLN and current password to login.
- Press sign in.
ArcMap Training Materials:
- Getting Started with GIS: Introduces the basic components of a GIS and fundamental concepts that underlie the use of a GIS.
- Referencing Data to Real-World Locations Using ArcGIS Introduces fundamental concepts of coordinate systems and explains why understanding them is essential to creating accurate GIS maps and reliable analysis results.
- Finding Geographic Data in ArcGIS Teaches how to define data needs, evaluate whether a given dataset matches those needs. Explores common geographic data formats and sources.
- Map Design Fundamentals Presents cartographic design principles such as layout composition, color, symbology, and text.
- Getting Started with the Geodatabase Introduces geodatabase components and presents techniques for efficiently organizing and adding both vector and raster data to a geodatabase.
- Python for Everyone Introduces basic Python concepts and the Python scripting environment in ArcGIS.
ArcGIS Pro Training Materials:
- Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro Introduces the ribbon-style interface, project-based organization, and key capabilities of ArcGIS Pro.
- Displaying Data in ArcGIS Pro Introduces ArcGIS Pro tools for symbology.
- Preparing to Perform Analysis Using ArcGIS Pro Presents using ArcGIS geoprocessing tools that support spatial analysis projects. Discusses how to choose the appropriate tool, and works through a short project.
ArcGIS Online Training Materials
- Exploring GIS Maps Introduces online maps as models of the world.
- Creating Web Applications Using Templates and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Teaches how to create interactive, cross-platform web applications that feature maps and geospatial content.
- Get Started with Survey123 for ArcGIS (Tutorial) Teaches how to create a Survey123 form, analyze data, and share survey results with other ArcGIS platform client apps.