- Jan 2018. Congrats to Mike and Karthik for the publication of our new improved modular workload characterization tool PRISIM. Stay tuned for it at ISPASS in April.
- Jan 2018. Congrats to Karthik and Mike for their TACO publication on SynchroTrace. Thanks to our ARM collaborators for adding additional tracing capbilities.
- June 2017, Congrats to Dr. Rizwana Begum for successfully defending her PhD. Best of luck at Intel!
- Congrats to Guru, Rizwana and Scott for the publication at HotMobile 2017, pointing out the thermal differences in smartphones
- Oct. 2016, Congrats to Rizwana for another publication in ICCD
- September 2016, Prof. Hempstead is teaching a new course “Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT)” with Prof. Hassoun
- January 2016 – TCAL and the Drexel VLSI lab have three papers at the Boston Area Computer Architecture workshop. Please take a look.
- Oct 2015 – We are offering tutorials at IISWC and ICCD on Sigil and SynchroTrace. Please take a look at the tutorial page at the VLSI lab for our materials.
- Oct 2015- Congrats to Cesar for his work on Caches and Prefetching presented at ICCD!
- Oct 2015 — Congrats to Rizwana and the Power-Agile team for two papers, one at IISWC and one at ICCD!
- June 2015 – Congrats to Steven Battle and Siddharth Nilakantan who successfully defended their PhD’s and graduated! We wish them luck at IBM and Nvidia!
- March 2015 – Congrats to the SynchroTrace team for their successful publication of SynchroTrace at ISPASS 2015. The software has been released see the SynchroTrace page for details.
- Feb 2014 – We are holding a Tutorial at HPCA on Sigil and Many-Accelerator Architectures with David-Brook’s group at Harvard Research Infrastructures for Accelerator-Centric Architectures.
- Feb 2014 – Congratulations to Prof. Hempstead for the funding of the NSF CAREER grant titled: “Combating Dark Silicon through Specialization: Communication-Aware Tiled Many-Accelerator Architectures”. This funding will be used over the next five years to support two students as they develop architectures for the next generation of microprocessors containing many specialized accelerators.
- Congratulations to Mark Hempstead on his ICCD 2013 Keynote: http://www.iccd-conf.com/Home.html http://www.iccd-conf.com/mark_hempstead.html
- Congratulations to Steven Battle for his two ICCD 2013 papers, “Register Allocation and VDD-gating algorithms for Out-of-Order Architectures” and “Characterizing the Costs and Benefits of Hardware Parallellism in Accelerator Cores.”
- Congratulations to Siddharth Nilakantan for his IISWC 2013 paper, “Platform-independent Analysis of Function-level Communication in Workloads.”
- August 2013 – Congratulations to Steven Battle and Siddharth Nilakantan for passing their PhD Proposals.
- May 2013 – Congratulations to Rizwana Begum for passing her PhD Candidacy.
- April 2013 – Congratulations to Rizwana Begum for winning the Suryadevara Basavaiah Family Educational Fund Award.
Terms for Creating and Maintaining Sites