In this episode JP and Alex interview Michael Lee. They discuss model complexity and generative models, the differences between cognitive models and machine learning, whether and when preregistration of models is useful, and Michael’s undying love of cricket.
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBayesFactor
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBayesFactor/
- Subscribe & leave us a review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bayes-factor/id1308207723
Notes and links:
- Follow Michael on twitter: https://twitter.com/mdlBayes
- The workshop we attended resulted in this special issue on robust modeling in cognitive science: https://link.springer.com/journal/42113/volumes-and-issues/2-3
- Lee and Vanpaemel on informative priors: https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13423-017-1238-3