Soft Matter Theory graduate student Chris Burke successfully defended his PhD thesis, “Order and Jamming on Curved Surfaces” before his committee. Chris is the first graduate student to graduate from the group, and set a high standard for subsequent students, being highly praised for the quality of his thesis and presentation. His thesis has been deposited on the Tufts digital repository.
In anticipation of a successful defense, Chris had brewed a special beer, “Proud Parent”, an English-style IPA that members of the group got to sample in celebration.
Recent Blog Posts
- A chat with a physicist at Somerville High
- New publication: “Modeling deformation and chaining of flexible shells in a nematic solvent with finite elements on an adaptive moving mesh”
- SoftMatterTheory Group Judging the Science and Engineering Fair in Somerville High School
- Helping out at the Fenway High science fair
- The Soft Matter Theorists Attend GBASM
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at firstname.lastname@example.org