About the Report
The 2019 Sovereign Wealth Funds Report analyzes the most recent trends in the SWFs industry, the largest deals and the sectors most targeted, including technology, life sciences, real estate, services and infrastructure. The time between 2018 and 2019 marked a record high of SWFs assets under management, reaching $8.3 trillion globally. Geographically, three countries — the United States, China, and India — remained the top destinations for SWFs. The 2019 report covers the difficult task of SWFs of reconciling short-term results with long-term investment horizons.
The report also analyzes the role of SWFs in the venture capital space and the focus on bio and health technologies as a means to foster and anticipate change.
The 2019 Sovereign Wealth Funds Report will be launched on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at the Santander HQ Auditorium in New York City. The launch begins at 6:15 P.M EST and ends at 8:30 P.M EST. A detailed overview of the agenda can be found below.
6:15 P.M. Registration Opens
6:30 P.M. Opening Remarks
– Sergio Vela, Director of Financing and Investor Relations, ICEX- Invest, Spain
6:45 P.M. Sovereign Wealth Funds Report Presentation
– Presented by Javier Capapé, Director, Sovereign Wealth, IE Center for the Governance of Change
7:15 P.M. Panel Discussion on SWFs
– José Luis Curbelo, CEO & Chairman, Confides
– Adam Robbins, Practice Lead Long-Term Investing, World Economic Forum
– Diego López, Managing Director, Global SWF
– Moderated by: Javier Capapé, Director, IE Center for Governance of Change
7:50 P.M. Q&A Session with the Audience
8:00 P.M. Networking Cocktail Hour