RUBIN MUSEUM OF ART
Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th Street, New York, New York, 10011
Coordinator, Educational Resources
Reports to Head of Education & Visitor Experience
The Rubin Museum of Art, opened October, 2004, is a non-profit cultural and educational institution dedicated to the collection, preservation, exhibition, and publication of Himalayan Art. Reporting to the Head of Education & Visitor Experience, the Coordinator, Educational Resources researches themes, ideas, educational objectives, models, and interpretive strategies for gallery and web activity. Working closely with the Education, Visitor Experience, Design, and Curatorial Departments, this individual delivers educational resources in galleries, evaluates interpretive tools for visitor needs, and manages the content and presentation of educational material and web-based curricula for the RMA website.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conceptualize and produce interpretive aides, texts, displays, and digital media for use by diverse audiences including:
* Audio tours and podcasts in collaboration with the Curatorial and Education teams.
* Resource material and interactive experiences in the museum’s Explore areas (both digital, web, and object-based).
* Provide content and strategy for activities, curriculum and other necessary educational materials to support RMA educators, outreach, programs and events
* Coordinate and implement educational content on shared websites such as YouTube, ArtBabble, iTunes, and internal staff training websites
* Coordinate, edit and maintain the Rubin Museum of Art’s Education blog
* Maintain and Implement Audio Tour Equipment and collaborate with vendors.
* Project manage various activities simultaneously.
* Oversee and coordinate the museums touch collection, study collection, and stocks of interpretive materials within Explore Areas and Interpretation Bags (Yak Packs & Guide Bags).
* Coordinate content management system for all Educational web pages on the RMA website, and update content frequently.
* Support the training of guide and volunteer staff as needed on educational resource materials.
* Review and evaluate RMA educational resources.
* Assist the Museum, as requested, in its work with other museums and institutions.
* Represent Education in various Curatorial, Design, and other departmental meetings.
* Represent the Museum at special events, professional conferences, and other appropriate events and activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* $35,000-$37,000, commensurate with experience
* Competitive benefits package
* B.A. in Art History, Anthropology, Design, Educational Technology, Masters preferred
* Working knowledge of Audio and Video Editing (Garage Band, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
* Working knowledge of blogging interface and software (WordPress, etc.) and facility with online social media
* Comfortable working on both Mac and PC Platforms
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required for ongoing communication with the Museum public
* Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Strong writing skills
* A self starter and team player with a “can do” attitude.
* Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for details
* Knowledge of the Himalayas a plus
* Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
* Complete resume, including salary history and salary requirements.
* Summarize your relevant qualifications for this specific position. No generic statements please.
* Indicate Coordinator, Educational Resources on the Subject Line of Email or in body of cover letter.
* Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at jobs[at]rmanyc[dot]org
* Mailed applications – Manager, Human Resources, Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th Street, New York, New York 10011