See below for an exciting opportunity ideal for a recent Museum Studies graduate, shared with us by Tufts Museum Studies faculty member Ken Turino!
The Mark Twain House & Museum – Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant is a Full-time (non-Exempt) new position that supports the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees. This person is a crucial link between those two entities, providing communication, logistical support, and adding a crucial strategic eye towards the ebb and flow of the organization.
As the ED is also the chief fundraiser to the organization, this position will assist in various development activities in collaboration with the ED, the Development Director, and the Board President.
- Maintains flow of information and work into and out of the ED’s Office.
- Maintains all board and trustee records.
- Coordinate Board-related special projects or events.
- May assist Finance office at peak times.
- As regards HR — Reviews applications, conducts initial screening of applicants in collaboration with various hiring managers.
- Maintains records of board giving and works closely with the Director of Development to solicit annual board gifts.
- Works with the Development Department on the annual campaign.
- May act as a relationship manager with certain donors.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience. They should enjoy working with people and partnering with volunteers. Strong organizational skills are a must and the candidate should have the ability to prioritize and organize multiple activities. The executive assistant will possess accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines. Good verbal and written communication skills are important as is the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, and the ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion. Proficiency with Zoom, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and other virtual meeting platforms will be expected.
The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work successfully with all people in contact with the organization without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origins, or disabilities.
This is a 35 hour per week position that works on site. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Candidates will be required to submit a writing sample or to complete a brief proofreading/editing test. Must have ability to climb stairs and lift up to 30 pounds, and possess a valid driver’s license and access to a car.
To apply: Send a resume and letter in confidence to Michael Campbell, Human Resources, at Michael.Campbell@marktwainhouse.org.