Assistant Director for Membership and Events
The Cambridge Historical Society seeks a highly organized and self-motivated individual to fill the part-time position of Assistant Director for Membership and Events. This fast-paced position requires efficiently balancing a variety of administrative tasks to support the work of the Cambridge Historical
Society. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director and help maintain, plan, and run educational programs; supervise the care of the Hooper-Lee-Nichols house, maintain and expand Society membership; and supervise and implement the daily operations of an innovative and expanding non-profit.
Duties will include:
• Processing donations and running reports on PastPerfect, our membership database
• Communicating effectively with donors, the media, and members
Event Planning and Management:
• Design outreach materials for both print and web
• Planning events, coordinating sponsorships, ticket sales, refreshment donations, etc.
• Supervising volunteers and interns
• Editing CHS correspondence and publications
• Assisting in grant applications
Required software fluency:
MS Office suite
Database query and design (FileMaker, Microsoft Access, PastPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, or similar)
Graphic design tools (Adobe CS4 or more recent)
The successful candidate will be self-directed, able to originate and carry out projects which will advance the membership and outreach mission of the Society, able to work independently, able to be a part of a team, will have a somewhat flexible schedule, and will have an enthusiasm for history, museums, or local culture. Prior experience in archives or museum settings a plus. 16 hours a week.
To apply send resume to: email@example.com.