Job Opening: Visitor Services Manager
Providence Children¹s Museum’s mission is to inspire and celebrate learning
through active play and exploration. The Museum opened to the public in
1977 and now serves 160,000 visitors a year in its hands-on, playful
The Visitor Services Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the
quality of the visitor experience at the Museum and:
· Supervises a team of five visitor Experience Coordinators and
oversees the work of 30 – 50 Play Guides and Admissions Clerks (volunteers
and work-study students);
· Manages frontline services including reception, admissions, program
registration, group visits, educational activities, and events;
· Develops and oversees visitor services policies and procedures;
· Determines and fills frontline staffing needs;
· Develops and conducts training for frontline staff;
· Maintains accurate records and manages budgets;
· Serves as a member of the Education Department leadership team.
Seeking: Dynamic team leader with strong communication skills. Reliable,
flexible, detail oriented, able to multi-task. At least two years
experience in a supervisory position and bachelor¹s level degree or
equivalent experience. Experience working with children and a commitment
to children¹s learning. Excellent customer service skills. Bilingual
(English/Spanish or English/ASL) a plus. Full Time; Tuesday-Saturday.
Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer; members of
racial/ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.