Museum Search & Reference announces the national search for the Director of the Fitchburg Art Museum (FAM) in Fitchburg, MA.
FAM seeks a Director for its healthy, growing, AAM-accredited art museum. The Director will lead an institution with an $800K budget, $18M endowment, no debt, a supportive board, and 6 full-time and 5 part-time staff. The Director must bring the energy and track record to lead, inspire, and motivate staff; engage volunteers and an active 27-person Board; manage a 40,000-square-foot facility with 3 connected buildings, located 40 miles NW of Boston. Visit Fitchburg Art Museum.
- Bring vision and creativity to lead FAM forward to the next level of fulfilling its education mission for an expanded audience.
- Advance collections, exhibitions, educational programs, and community outreach.
- Expand FAM’s audiences and reputation from North Central MA to Boston area and beyond.
- Oversee staff, operations, finances, and physical plant.
- M.A. in Art History, Museum Studies, M.F.A., M.B.A., or related degree.
- 5+ years of museum-management experience, preferably in an art museum.
- Successful track record in staff supervision, strategic-planning, project implementation, fundraising, and working with a Board.
- Proven ability to plan/implement development programs; organize fundraising and capital campaigns; and augment endowments.
- Track record of making successful fundraising calls on individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Strong museum network.
Fitchburg is a city of 40,000 with universities, beautiful architecture, rolling hills, and nearby mountains – set on the Nashua river, located a train ride or an hour’s drive to Boston (Boston).
Please let us know about your nominations or your own interest in this excellent job. Thank you.
For full job requirements and profile: museum-search.com.