Curatorial and Education Assistant, Tribute WTC Visitor Center
Tribute WTC Visitor Center
*Job Title:* Curatorial and Education Assistant
*Department: *Exhibits and Education
*Reports to:* Curator
*FLSA Status:* Non-Exempt
*Status:* Regular Full-time
*Location:* 22 Cortlandt Street
Under the direct supervision of the Curator Routinely maintains cataloguing
and record keeping of collections pertaining to photographs, artifacts,
oral histories and visitor response cards.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Lead school groups using the department’s thematic tour plan.
- Participate in content development for teachers and students online.
- Works collaboratively with docent guides and school groups and
supports post visit teacher communication and Teacher Awards.
- Catalogue photographs and documents submissions of objects per the
- Assist the Curatorial Coordinator in facilitating incoming and
outgoing object loans.
- Assist the Curatorial Coordinator in maintaining photo database and
researching new photographs.
- Integrates all in-house collections of digital photographs and videos.
- Logs new oral histories into oral history database with corresponding
abstracts, quotes and keywords.
- Catalogues, manages visitor cards in database and manages
corresponding physical archive.
- Prints and reviews reports from database for verification and
- Assist with data entry for other mailing lists and marketing materials
- Assists with other projects department projects as needed. *
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Excellent written, verbal and demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work demands.
- Must exercise discretion; effective in the appropriate handling of
confidential information at all times.
- Demonstrate an appropriate professional demeanor and appearance at all
- Follows up consistently on assigned long-term projects.
- Follows directions in the thorough completion of assigned tasks.
*EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE*
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent, or one to two years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Based on the emotional nature of the content of Tribute Center,
experience in working with people and content that demands sensitive
handling is required. Experience in working in a museum, or education
program with content that demands sensitive handling a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Database software; Internet software;
Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software is required.
- Experience with Filemaker Pro; Adobe Cs or equivalent graphics
programs a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United
States without Sponsorship.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk
for long periods of time. Walk up and down a flight of stairs frequently
throughout the day. Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally
lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
*HOW TO APPLY*
In order to receive proper consideration, submit your resume in confidence
by August 28, 2012 including the job title using one of the following
Preferred Method: Submit an on-line resume include the job title in the
subject line firstname.lastname@example.org
US Mail: September 11th Families’ Association/Tribute WTC Visitor Center
22 Cortlandt Street Suite 801
New York, NY 10007
Att: Human Resources
Please visit our website at www.tributewtc.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The September 11th Families’ Association/Tribute WTC Visitor Center is an
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. .