Science Educator, The South Florida Science Museum
The South Florida Science Museum is hiring a full-time Museum Science
Educator to develop and conduct programs for museum visitors.
The Museum Science Educator performs the following and not only limited to
- Teaches children and visitors about information regarding the museum
including its programs, exhibits and other learning opportunities.
– Performs outreach community services and be comfortable speaking in front
of large audiences.
– Teaches classes for 18 mo to 4 yrs in Museum Early Learning Program
– Develops and look for other opportunities for schools.
– Facilitates school programs both for students and families.
– Coordinates with other speakers.
– Creates new educational program.
– Engages students to participate in museum collection.
– Writes curriculum and grants both for school program and museum too.
– Conducts research and other outreach activity for museum audience.
– Presents both to large and small groups
– Must have at minimum Bachelors of Science Degree, Masters Degree
– Must be willing to work nights and weekends if necessary. Bilingual a
– Experience working with children is a must.
– Must be certified in Early Childhood Education