Science Educator, The South Florida Science Museum
The South Florida Science Museum is hiring a full-time Museum Science
Educator to develop and conduct programs for museum visitors.
The Museum Science Educator performs the following and not only limited to
- Teaches children and visitors about information regarding the museum
including its programs, exhibits and other learning opportunities.
- Performs outreach community services and be comfortable speaking in front
of large audiences.
- Teaches classes for 18 mo to 4 yrs in Museum Early Learning Program
- Develops and look for other opportunities for schools.
- Facilitates school programs both for students and families.
- Coordinates with other speakers.
- Creates new educational program.
- Engages students to participate in museum collection.
- Writes curriculum and grants both for school program and museum too.
- Conducts research and other outreach activity for museum audience.
- Presents both to large and small groups
- Must have at minimum Bachelors of Science Degree, Masters Degree
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends if necessary. Bilingual a
- Experience working with children is a must.
- Must be certified in Early Childhood Education