As part of its education mission, MCM intends to be a leader in the area of
child development. MCM’s Camp and Curriculum Manager will develop
innovative, object-based curriculum for and conduct or implement MCM’s camp
programming and experiences for children onsite and off-site. Provides
leadership and supervise staff during the course of these responsibilities.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Museum Experiences.
* Develop curriculum and implement seasonal and one-day camps both on
* Hire, supervise and evaluate seasonal staff hired to teach programs
* Work with the Manager of Museum Experiences & Theatrical Performances
to develop field trip
content and activities for children participating in MCM group tours.
* Work to keep list of standards for each gallery space up to date
* Work with environmental educators to complete grant based programming
* Develop and update pre and post visit materials.
* Manage the Camp budget. Monitor revenues and expenses of programs and
grant based programming) and make recommendations when appropriate.
* Coordinate with management at off-site one-day camp locations.
* Promote fun, positive visitor experiences.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A BA in either Education or Art with a minimum of 5 years experiences
in working with
* Knowledge of Sunshine State Standards
* Extensive experience, with proven track record in the design and
delivery of educational
programs for children.
* Environmental Education background
* Sound verbal and writing skills.
* Strong organizational and management skills.
* A “can do” attitude and approach.
* First Aid/CPR skills desired.
* Spanish or Haitian Creole a plus.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org