|This position provides administrative support to the Senior Development Officer for Individual Giving with regard to The Fund for the Met Major Gifts Committee, chaired by a Trustee. The individual will work as well with the Development Officer for the Capital Campaign. Duties include scheduling of and preparation for Committee meetings and cultivation events and execution of follow up for each; drafting acknowledgment letters and other correspondence to Major Gifts prospects and donors; preparation of materials for cultivation, solicitation, and strategy meetings; management of stewardship for Major Gifts donors; maintenance of official list of campaign donors; maintenance of Committee member, donor, and prospect information in files and in Pledge maker database; and other related duties.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Schedule, prepare materials for, and assist with follow-up for Major Gifts Committee meetings
• Assist in all aspects of Major Gifts cultivation events, acting as liaison with Special Events
• Draft acknowledgment letters and other correspondence for Major Gifts donors and prospects
• Prepare materials for cultivation, solicitation, and strategy meetings
• Manage stewardship for Major Gifts donors
• Maintain official list of campaign donors
• Maintain and update Pledge maker database records
• Manage inventory of campaign materials
• Other related duties
Experience and Skills:
• Previous development and events experience strongly preferred.
• Proven excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail required.
• Must be highly motivated and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work well with others, as well as independently.
• Must be able to work evening events.
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) required. Knowledge of databases preferable
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Switch to our desktop site