The Whitney Museum of American Art
A full-time position is available in the Education Department as the
Assistant to School Programs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Scheduling and administration of all Whitney School Programs including
single and multiple part programs and school partnerships
* Scheduling and administration of all adult private groups
* Serving as the primary point of contact with K-12 teachers and adult tour
* Serving as the primary liaison for all freelance museum educators
* Working closely with Visitor Services, Security, Education, and other
Museum Departments to ensure that guided tours run smoothly
* Assisting the Manager of Interpretation and Interactive Media and Manager
of School, Youth and Family Programs in managing For Teachers, a section on
whitney.org dedicated to K-12 teachers
* Managing the mailing list, creating reports, and monitoring attendance
* Assisting the School and Educator Programs Coordinator with outreach and
* Assisting with evaluation projects
* Assisting with Educator Programs
* Learning how to lead inquiry-based tours in the galleries
Requirements: B.A., a background in art history, or museum education,
experience working with K-12 students, teachers and administrators, strong
organizational and communication skills, and administrative experience.
He/she should be able to juggle multiple projects at once, solve problems
quickly and creatively, pay close attention to detail, and work well in a
group. He/she should also be excited about learning more about the field of
museum education. Position requires extended hours for program
implementation during the week.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Whitney Museum of American Art
Human Resources Department
945 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10021
No calls please.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color,
national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of
diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant
positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a
contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.