Reporting directly to The Fabric Workshop and Museum (FWM)’s Artistic Director, and working closely with the Head of Exhibitions and Publications, and the Photography Department, the Manager of Visual Media and Technology is responsible for video documentation of FWM’s day-to-day activities, installation and maintenance of audio and video components of FWM’s exhibitions, production of new media artworks by artists-in-residence, and maintenance of FWM’s IT infrastructure and A/V equipment inventory.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters’ degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience
• An adaptable working knowledge of past, current and cutting-edge display technologies.
• Advanced knowledge of Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, and Photoshop (Motion or After Effects a plus)
• Extensive experience shooting and editing documentary video using professional camera equipment (experience with Sony XDCAM-EX cameras a plus)
• Solid technical knowledge of various video and audio equipment, including professional video projectors (DLP and LCD), monitors (plasma and broadcast), video players (flash-based and DVD), speakers, amplifiers, mixers, microphones, etc.
• Communication and time-management skills to work closely with the director, artists, studio staff, and art handlers to develop and install technical exhibits, and to coordinate and conduct on-camera interviews with the artists-in-residence
• Superb organizational skills and technical understanding for maintenance of video archive
• Position requires ability to lift and install heavy video and projection equipment
• Experience working with internationally known contemporary artists or in a gallery setting helpful but not required
• Experience with database management software helpful but not required