Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Social Media and Outreach Assistant will,
- Compile and organize artist opportunities for bi-weekly newsletter
- Create social media posts
- Monitor social media sites for conversations and comments in our areas of operation
- Monitor social media analytics, create draft reports and suggest strategy adjustments, as needed
- Help brainstorm social media strategies and campaigns that will effectively reach target audiences
- Assist with other departmental tasks, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree is preferred; interest in arts and cultural organizations is required
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite and comprehensive understanding of, and skill in navigating social media outlets, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize information from diverse sources
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experience in a deadline driven environment
7 hours a week. This position is hourly.
Send resume and cover letter explaining detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media and Outreach Assistant as the subject line.
No calls or faxes. Applications accepted until position is filled.
BAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of New York, the constituencies and neighborhoods BAC serves.