The National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. seeks applications for a part-time School Programs Representative/Museum Teacher to work 10–30 hours a week during the 2013–2014 school year.
The position includes:
- 10 hours of work/week between July 29 and early September 2013 to be conducted over two days/week.
- 20 hours of work/week between mid-September 2013 and June 13, 2014 to ideally be conducted over four–five days/week.
- An additional 3–10 hours of teaching, beginning mid-September, would be available weekdays and/or weekends, teaching school programs, Scout days, and birthday parties.
Potential teaching hours include:
- Monday-Friday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and/or 12–3 pm
- Saturdays: 9:30 am–1 pm and/or 1–4:30 pm
- Sundays 12–3:30 pm
- Managing school program registrations
- Corresponding with teachers
- Processing payments
- Tracking attendance
- Maintaining classroom supplies
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Enthusiasm for working with school faculty, staff, and students
- Degree in education, museum education, a related field, or teaching certificate and/or two or more years’ experience teaching in a museum or classroom
- Willingness to be flexible
- Knowledge of architecture, design, civil engineering, and/or the built environment is a plus
Candidates must be able to commit to the position for the duration of the school year through June 13, 2014. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using “School Programs Representative” as the subject of your email. In your cover letter, please let us know the days and times you would be available to work. No phone calls. Application deadline: May 1, 2013.