- Leads a multi-disciplinary team of museum personnel assigned to the project from across the museum, from inception through completion.
- Collaborates with representatives from the following functional areas: collections, curatorial, conservation, registration, exhibition design, exhibition fabrication, media, information technology, fundraising, special events, publications, and administration and finance.
- Manages the most complex projects in the museum, i.e. those that draw upon museum-wide resources, rely on multi-year federal and uncertain trust funding, require coordination of multiple external constituents, rely on changing technologies, or have tight budget or schedule constraints.
- Responsible for oversight of all project contractors.
- Oversees and manages all contracts required for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Maintains contact with project team members and contractors in order to coordinate efforts, resolve problems, obtain and relay information, interpret project timelines and requirements, and represent museum priorities and interests.
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as managing large, complex, multi-million dollar and multi-year projects in a museum, historic site, or cultural organization or institution and leading a multi-disciplinary project team with representatives from one or more of the following functional areas: collections, curatorial, conservation, registration, exhibition design, exhibition fabrication, media, photo, information technology, fundraising, special events, public affairs, publications, or administration and finance.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.